What Are Invisalign Clear Braces?
Forget everything you’ve heard about traditional braces that can give you straight teeth. Now there’s a breakthrough technology that lets you get the smile with beautifully straight teeth that you have always wanted without bands, brackets, or wires.
Imagine being able to get straight teeth without the pain of metal braces. No metal to cut or scar your gums or the inside of your mouth! Not only that, but traditional metal braces are rather painful when you go to get the wires tightened nor are they very attractive.
Invisalign clear braces straighten teeth discretely and comfortably using sets of clear aligners that move your teeth progressively further into the correct position.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces?
How Does the Invisalign System Work?
Invisalign braces are clear sets of aligners that are an alternative to traditional braces. You will wear the aligners for 22 hours a day for the duration of treatment. By the time the treatment period is finished, you will have the brilliantly straight teeth that you have always dreamed of. This happens in a few steps.
1. Consultation: First, you’ll come into our office to see if Invisalign orthodontics will work for you. Dr. Nabors or Dr. Clegg will examine your teeth and take x-rays to understand your current situation. They will then take impressions of your mouth that will be sent to the lab to design your aligners.
2. Creating Your Braces: Your aligners will usually take a few weeks to design. Once they are designed we will call you to pick up your aligners. Each set of aligners is designed to be worn for a couple of weeks. Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg will help answer any questions you have about wearing them.
3. The Straightening Process: When you have finished wearing the first set of aligners you’ll swap them out for the next set. You will continue to wear each set of aligners until you have finished your treatment. We will schedule periodic checkups with you to make sure that everything is going according to plan.
4. Enjoy Your Gorgeous Smile: At the end of your treatment, you will get an invisible retainer to wear. It will keep your newly straightened teeth in place so that you can enjoy your beautiful new smile for the rest of your life. Don’t hesitate to give yourself an easy, straighter smile.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign Orthodontics?
We’re glad that you asked! Many of our patients are good candidates for the Invisalign process. To be a good fit, there are a couple of things that you’ll want to consider:
- Are you willing to wear them 22 hours a day? You need to wear your aligners for a majority of the day and night for them to work properly. For this reason, it might be better for younger patients to wait a few years or get metal braces.
- Do you have major dental work that needs to be performed? If you have any teeth that need to be extracted or other work that needs to be done, this will need to be done first before your Invisalign treatment.
- Are you able to follow other guidelines? Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg will give you other guidelines to follow during your Invisalign treatment. These are essential to follow to make sure you have a good experience and maintain good oral health.
The way to verify that you’re a good fit is to schedule a consultation with our office. Dr. Nabors or Dr. Clegg will look at your teeth, discuss your situation, and help decide if Invisalign aligners are the right fit for you.
Contact Us for Invisible Braces in Nashville Today!
Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg work with each patient to determine the optimal orthodontic treatment to straighten your teeth. That’s why we offer Invisalign braces technology for straighter teeth in Nashville without the hassle and attention you get from traditional, metal braces.
Make an appointment at our Nashville dental office to discuss whether invisible braces are right for you.