Nashville, TN Restorative Dentist
Do you wish you had a more beautiful smile? Do you have a tooth that is damaged, cracked, chipped, discolored, or otherwise causes you problems?
Restorative dentists, Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg’s well-trained team offer several restorative dentistry procedures that can restore your smile, or create a smile you’ve always wanted!
When Would I Need Restorative Dentistry?
Everyone deserves a pain-free mouth with teeth that are capable of handling every daily task. You want to be able to bite, smile, and speak without any difficulty. Restorative dental procedures make this possible by fixing a variety of dental issues.
We can help you if you are experiencing broken teeth, cracked teeth, facial trauma, missing teeth, periodontal disease, teeth decay, and more!
- Broken and Cracked Tooth: Teeth that are structurally damaged. Depending on the severity, there may be a variety of solutions that can give you a full mouth of functional teeth again.
- Facial Trauma: Teeth that have been knocked out during an accident or sports. If this has happened to you you’ll want to make sure that you save the tooth and put it in milk. Call us right away! (If there is excessive bleeding, go to the emergency room first).
- Periodontal Disease: This is a fancy term for gum disease. If left untreated gum disease can cause permanent damage to your teeth. Our restorative treatments can relieve pain and help your mouth fight off the infection.
- Toothache: Infection inside a tooth, causes tooth decay. When this happens, the tooth can become tender, painful, and sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. We have solutions that can stop the pain and prevent infection from spreading to other teeth.
Tooth bonding is a term that is commonly used to refer to the placement of composite resins on teeth. Restorative dentistry bonding can be used to make a tooth-colored dental filling for small cavities and repair broken or chipped tooth surfaces.
It can also be used to close spaces between teeth. These restorative dentistry procedures are usually accomplished in one appointment with little or no discomfort!
Our restorative dentists, Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg, can use dental bonding to take a rather lackluster smile, teeth that have potential issues that could cause cavities, or teeth that already have cavities, and restore them to make them fully-functioning beautiful teeth!
Restorative dentistry bonding is sturdy, long-lasting, mercury-free, and looks just like your natural tooth. You can laugh and smile with confidence as no one will know you have had any tooth bonding treatments. You can also eat and chew as usual.
A dental bridge is an appliance designed to replace missing teeth. They are designed for both functional and aesthetic purposes to help “bridge” the gap of missing teeth. A dental bridge consists of two crowns that anchor the teeth that fill the gap. A dental bridge is a great alternative for partial dentures.
Learn More About Dental Bridges
If you are missing any teeth, dental implants can transform your life and give you back your smile. A dental implant is a modern piece of dental technology that is designed to function like a natural tooth. An implant is long-lasting and consists of three parts:
- Implant | A trusted implant specialist will insert the actual implant directly into your jawbone. It helps to stimulate the jaw and provide support to your new tooth.
- Abutment | The abutment attaches to the implant and helps to anchor your new tooth securely in place.
- Crown | This is your new tooth. The new tooth sits on top of the abutment and implant. We’ll design it to match your other teeth.
Learn More About Dental Implants
CEREC® Crowns in a Day
CEREC® by Sirona Dental Systems is the world’s only restorative dentistry system for the fabrication of all-ceramic dental restorations in one office visit. CEREC creates dental crowns in one day!
Typically, dental crowns as well as onlays (for dental fillings) and veneers take at least two visits. The restorative dentist would take a mold of your teeth, send the information to the lab to make the crown, the onlay, or the veneer. In your second office visit, these dental procedures would be completed.
At Beam Smile Design, we have CEREC at our side. This means you can be in and out in a single visit with a permanent, all-ceramic crown, onlay, or veneer! For you, this means fewer injections, less drilling, and less time out of your hectic schedule for dental care.
Learn More About Dental Crowns
Schedule a Restorative Dentistry Consultation in Nashville!
Restoring smiles with restorative dentistry is something we are happy to offer to our highly-valued patients. Restorative dentists, Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg, care about your smile, and about you! Call us today at 615-256-1600 to schedule your appointment or fill out the contact form on this page.