Implant Dentistry in Nashville, TN
Dental implants are a successful and proven treatment for patients that need one or more teeth replaced.
The tooth implant is made of a titanium metal post that is inserted into the jawbone. After 3–6 months, when the tooth implant has fused with the jawbone, called ossification, this tooth implant is now ready to have a dental crown placed on it. If necessary, we can then place a full denture or fixed bridge to the dental crowns for better stability and comfort..
Dental implants provide a durable and permanent solution to bridges and dentures—acting, feeling, and looking like natural teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Nashville implant dentists, Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg, understand how dental implants can help many patients with tooth loss. The benefits of dental implants include:
- Familiar Look and Feel — Because the tooth implant is set into the bone it can sustain the same biting force as a natural tooth. This secure attachment allows you to comfortably eat any kind of food.
- Long-term Solution — With proper maintenance and hygiene, a tooth implant can last a lifetime. Since dental implants won’t discolor, you can confidently smile, laugh, and speak knowing that your smile looks natural and healthy for years.
- Easy Maintenance — Dental implants do not decay and simply require the same care as natural teeth. Dental implants are easily maintained with regular brushing, flossing, and routine dental exams.
- Little Impact on Natural Teeth — The neighboring teeth next to a tooth implant aren’t harmed or affected as can be the case with other tooth replacement options. Dental implants are safe and effective at giving you the functionality you need.
- Healthy Remaining Teeth — When you have missing teeth, gaps in your gums, your other teeth can slip and move. This can affect your bite and can make your smile uneven. It can even affect the way you speak. Implants can prevent this.
- Younger and Fuller Appearance — When you have missing tooth roots, your gums recede, which can make your cheeks get a sunken-in look. Dental implants keep your face looking full, natural, and symmetrical.
The Tooth Implant Procedure
Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg are accomplished cosmetic dentists. They love giving patients smile makeovers and improving their lives. Implant dentistry is a great way to fill in gaps that tarnish a smile.
1.Implant Placement | To get the actual implant portion of the tooth replacement, we will send you to a dentist that specializes in implants, reserving the more cosmetic portion for the skills of our dentists.
2.Attaching the Abutment | An abutment is a small metal clasp that attaches to the implant. After the implant and the abutment are in place, you will be given a few months to heal.
Though we don’t insert the implants ourselves, we are very involved in the process of getting our patients the care they need. Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg take special interest in adding the finishing touches to your refurbished smile.
Restoring Dental Implants
For the actual restoration part, Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg are the dentists for you. Our office crafts beautiful crowns for implant restorations using incredible technology. We’ll attach the crown to your implant like the icing on a cake. Our restorations are the final brushstroke on the masterpiece that is your new smile.
Once you’ve healed from the implant surgery, you’ll come to our Nashville, TN, office. Using impressions taken with incredible technology and our CEREC same-day 3D printer, we’ll be able to design you a gorgeous dental crown for your implant. You can walk out of our office with a crown on your implant the same day you walk in.
Incredible Restoration Technology
Our CT scanner allows us to take special images that give us a full 3D view of your mouth. By doing this we can pinpoint exactly what your restoration needs to look like to fit in with the rest of your teeth seamlessly.
We also utilize CEREC® 3D printers that allow us to create beautiful dental crowns while you’re still in the chair!
Schedule a Tooth Implant Consultation Today!
To learn more about dental implants and the positive impact they can have on your smile and your life contact Dr. Nabors and Dr. Clegg today or give us a call at 615-256-1600.